Cannabis Licensing in Missouri
- Adult Use:
- Cannabis Job Market Overview:
In February, Missouri began the sale of adult-use cannabis and as of April 2023, already accounted for 213 dispensaries and 67 cultivators
There are currently no separate requirements established for adult-use cannabis employees, however draft rules have been released as of November 2022. See below.
In 2018, Missourians passed Amendment 2 for the medical use of marijuana in the state, and in late 2019/early 2020, the state began awarding licenses to dispensaries, labs, cultivators, and producers. The amendment was proposed by New Approach Missouri.
- Cannabis Job Requirements & Application Process:
For all information on working in cannabis in Missouri, check out the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- The department only accepts application documentation through the online registry system, except for Seed to Sale applications.
- The application period for cultivation, testing, manufacturing, and dispensary licenses has closed. Only applications for – Seed to Sale and Transportation certifications are currently accepted.
- Applicants should not contact the department to inquire about their application status. Instead, they can log in to the registry portal to check their application status.
- All complete applications received during the application period will be approved or denied within 150 days. Applicants will receive email notifications regarding changes in their application status.
- Transportation Application: Fill out the required information online and upload any document to complete the application process.
- Seed to Sale Application: This certification is for third-party software vendors or those partnering with a Medical Marijuana Licensee. Applications are accepted continuously, and specific instructions and requirements are provided.
Current medical requirements:
“All owners who hold any portion of the economic or voting interest of a medical marijuana facility who will also have access to medical marijuana or the medical marijuana facility, and all officers, directors, board members, managers and employees must apply for a facility agent ID card…” Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, Medical Marijuana Facility Agent ID
- Application information - name, address, Social Security number
- Copy of written offer letter of employment from a Missouri licensed facility
- Government issued ID
- Digital photo that shows a clear color image of the applicant’s face
- $75 non-refundable fee
Facility Agent IDs are valid for three years once approved by the department.
- Cannabis Job Background Check Requirements:
- Fingerprint Submission: All owners, officers, directors, board members, managers, and employees named in the facility application must submit fingerprints for a criminal record check. Detailed instructions are provided for fingerprint registration.
- Fingerprint results will be sent directly to the Medical Marijuana Program for review, not to the applicant.
Latest JobsSearch All MO Cannabis Jobs
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs